Sunday 29 March 2015

Reclaimed Wood Dresser

Pin It

So what do you get when you combine this...


and this?


Why, you get this!


"How's that?" you ask.  Well I salvaged rough lumber from the kitchen sub-floor of our stone house.  The guys were throwing them in the dumpster, and I was throwing them back out.  Below is a picture of the dresser that a friend gave me.  Johnny pulled it home on the sleigh from across the lake.  Now do you understand?



I used the salvaged wood to make a new top for the dresser, and to replace the big chunky pieces that were on the front of the dresser.  I wanted to keep the rough look of it.


I bought the new hardware at Hobby Lobby on sale.



I mixed my own chalk paint front leftover paint from my son's room at least ten years ago.


 I seriously need a nice corner in the workshop to take my pictures, the background just doesn't do the pieces justice, and neither does the lighting.

How do you like it?

Linking up to Knick of Time


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...