Monday 9 March 2015

Little Lamp Makeover

Pin It


I realized that I never got this post done so here it is a few weeks late.  We have been home for 1 week now and the winter away just seems like a dream.  I have decided to post the original so don't let me confuse you, I really am home.

Hello all, I know the posts have been few and far between but life will be back to normal in a couple of weeks when I return home.  Life is grand here in Arizona, but alas, playtime is almost over.  We need to get home, and truth be told, when you can't get through the singing of your National Anthem without choking up, it just might be time to be on home soil (or should I say snowbank, we won't see soil for a while yet).

We love it so much here in Arizona that we bought a little Tin Palace of our very own, oh excuse me, that's Park Model of our very own.  It was full to the brim!  The first week was spent removing excess housewares.  I would love to buy some new stuff' like lamps, rugs, etc., but for now I will make due.  Okay I did buy one lamp on sale, and some fabric for curtains etc., but I passed up a really cute lamp today at Hobby Lobby for only $10.  Instead I decided to makeover this lovely (finger down throat) lamp that came with the Tin Palace.


Look how dusty this is inside, gross, and I thought I had already cleaned it.


 I took the thing apart and spray painted everything with "Hammered" by Rustoleum.
I picked up a new shade at "Ross, dress for less" on sale for $6.00.  I have discovered some new favourite stores during my time in Mesa and this was definitely one of them.


I think it turned out pretty good, but I spent the same amount on this as that cute little lamp at Hobby Lobby would have cost.  Oh well, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, that's how I was raised.




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oooo... nice!! that's how it goes sometimes, we spend as much as we thought we saved :) at least there is one less lamp in the dump or just sitting around and now you have the pleasure to enjoy what you have created :) blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...