Saturday 8 November 2014

Vehicle Painted with Camouflage Design, Plus a Camo Dresser, Can You Find Them?

Pin It


I'm very excited about this post.   Last year my youngest son Sterling painted his Tracker in camo, he absolutely blew me away, he did such an awesome job!  I couldn't believe it, all of my kids are creative in their own way but he had not shown any sign of being an artist.  This was fabulously done!  I have been wanting him to paint some furniture for me ever since.


I bought a dresser at a yard sale and it is good and solid, I decided it was a good candidate for this paint technique.
I sanded the dresser and then stained the parts that I didn't want painted.  I then taped over the stained areas.  I did a little something different this time, I varnished around the taped areas lightly hoping that the varathane will seal the edge of the tape.  It does have a nice crisp edge so I guess it worked.


When the varathane was dry I painted it with Zinser 123 primer.


Here is a picture of the dresser waiting for Sterling's touch.


These are the paints, plus black of the same series.


The day has finally arrived. After this picture I did go over the stained areas and stained them darker.  I also varathaned the stained area.  
I wasn't sure what I was going to do about hardware, until I saw the dresser painted and then I knew...


hunter orange!


I love the way it turned out!


He did an awesome job, I think we make a great team!




The hardware turned out great!  It looks pretty light in this picture, I think the other pictures show the colour better, but look at the detail in the painting, awesome!


I hope it sells because I want to do another one, or 10, you know, why not carry on a good thing?





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...