Monday 10 November 2014

Cedar Chest Makeover; Bringing Back the Beauty!

Pin It


I was asked to refinish this trunk for a friend.  Since it is fairly flat and I could sand it, I took it on.  I have used furniture stripper on a lot of furniture over the years, but decided long ago that it is something I only do for myself.  It is a nasty job.


This piece is in great condition, it just needs a face lift.


It took quite a bit of sanding, both by machine and by hand.  I stained it with Ebony stain from Minwax.


Then two coats of varnish, satin finish.
These pictures make it look a little washed out, in person it is richer in colour.



When I put the last coat of varathane on this I thought maybe I didn't really improve it that much, then I took a look at the before picture, yeah, I changed my mind!  What do you think?




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...