Sunday 9 February 2014

Personal Challenge, Three Pieces of Furniture in 10 Days; Piece #3; Entrance Bench Makeover: I did it!!!

Pin It


I have challenged myself to makeover 3 pieces of furniture in 10 days.  Husband left on a holiday, youngest son left a couple of days later to meet up with him and older brothers, daughter lives out of town, this left me home alone.  Heaven!  Now let it be known, I love my family and  I don't want to live alone forever, but a week sounds great!


This is the first piece I tackled, but the last of the three that I finished. This is a fairly new piece for me, I've only had it since August, it kind of butted in line because of it's size.  I need it out of my way. In the above pic you see the top, and the next picture is the bottom.  I had done some filling earlier and it required sanding before I could prime.


I started by priming it with Zinser 123.  I actually liked this look.


I don't know what is going on with me lately, but I'm having such a hard time deciding what colour to paint things.  I was trying to choose between gray and white, and the next day started painting it turquoise, who knew?


After a couple of coats I antiqued it with black.  Once that dried I had to decide on a fabric for the seat. Decisions, decisions...
The mirror was broken, so I repaired that. I reupholstered the seat after taking several hours to decide on a fabric (seriously, it took me so long that I actually did another project in the meantime) and put it all back together.










 I guess it was worth all that indecision because I think I got it right. I love it, now I wonder why I doubted myself along the way.














Pin It

5 comments:

  1. The last one is the best! Wow, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you have to challenge yourself! nobody else can keep up with you. Lovely work Faye, KristenB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faye - I LOVE this piece!! Are you going to sell it? It would definitely be on my wish list for our new house - though I don't know if it's a realistic wish list!; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will be for sale Heidi, wish lists don't need to be realistic, that's why they are wishes and not needs :)

      Delete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...