Saturday 9 February 2013

Cute Little Dresser

Pin It


Well, I am still working on the "big" project, and have to admit,I am stalling on it, so I pulled out something else to work on.  I've had this dresser for quite a few years, we bought it from a friend's yard sale because the kids needed it, however, it never made it into their bedrooms, not sure why not, but it has been waiting for a paint job for a long time.  We paid more for it than we should have, but we didn't want to insult our friends.


I sanded it down and spray painted it with Valspar Satin in blue, and the drawers with white (can't remember which brand).  I first used heirloom white, which I love, but against the blue it looked yellow, so I painted over it.


I downloaded an image from the internet and sized it on my Silhouette cutter and cut it out to use it as a stencil (I used outdoor vinyl, for those of you who care about that kind of thing) Sprayed it with Krylon silver.  Agonizing over which way I was going to go with this probably took me longer than anything else.  Some projects fall together quickly and sometimes there are so many ways I could go with a project, and it's hard to decide.  If I had 10 of these, they would all look very different.


I added some beautiful crystal knobs that I picked up on sale somewhere, maybe when I was in Missouri.  I'm not sure if they are staying or not, I love them, but maybe too much to use them, I may have to hoard them for a while :)


I plan to antique this piece, but I only had one can of blue paint, and i got pretty good coverage, but the sides need a little more.  I can't wait, so I'm showing it to you now.





DIY Show Off


Home Stories A2Z
Southern Revivals
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. It's lovely Faye! Great colour combination and those knobs are just beautiful! I would hoard them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out wonderfully Faye! I love the stencil you used. Does it ever glam it up without over doing it. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see this big project you are stalling on. :) - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. in my basement is a similar dresser of my Wpg.granny... hmmmm
    love your inspirations Faye kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresser looks fabulous. I love the colors and accents.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job. I just love the pattern. I just found you through The Dedicated House. I'm your newest follower. I'm hoping you'll come check me out at www.crazythriftycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous re-do! Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Love the stencil and the knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous! I love the stencil and crystal knobs.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...