Tuesday 6 November 2012

I Guess Sometimes It Is Easy Being Green, dresser makeover with wallpaper.

Pin It

I don't have a before of this one, as I redid this one the first time several years ago.  When I bought it, it was painted off white, and it was pretty much a mess.  I stripped it down and stained it.  It stayed like that for years, but I never could quite get the paint out of all of the grain.  This summer I wallpapered the drawers and the sides, spray painted it green, and then antiqued it with ebony stain.  The wallpaper was lifting, and it took me this long to finally glue it down.  I am not sure if these drawer pulls will stay on it forever, but they work for now.  Oh yeah, and I just found the top drawers that I had misplaced for several years :)  Yeah, that's just my life.
















Shared at
one-project-at-a-time
http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/diy-project-parade/
125x125

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful piece, so different! I think the hardware is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail that made. Id love you to share this at our party

    http://www.lifewelive4.com/2013/03/love-it-list-it-linky-party.html

    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, you are funny. I love this chest. Glad you found the missing drawers and glued down the wallpaper :-). I have some similar wallpaper so I'm going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really turned out pretty. If your not doing this as a business. You should at least on the side.
    I'm going to give it a try on my son beat up dresser, but maybe with another color that would go with his house. I can truly see this helping the front and sides of his dresser. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...