Monday 19 November 2012

Good Ol' Apple Pie

Pin It
There's nothing special about this recipe (except how lovingly it is made), just good ol' apple pie.

Apple Pie Recipe

7 apples
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon (or to taste) The best apple pie I ever made was the one I forgot to put the cinnamon in.  It's all personal taste.

I use MacIntosh usually, but I will use whatever I have, even a mix of apples.  I read once that you shouldn't use Macs because they break down and don't hold their shape, but for me, I want the filling to be soft.  I also love the flavour of Macs, especially in the fall. 


 Peel your apples, it's always important to try to take the whole peel off in one piece (ha ha, just kidding, it's just a habit)


I used 7 apples


One cup of sugar,  one tablespoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of flour (my Aunt once told me that if the apples aren't juicy you don't need to add the flour, I just don't know how to tell when to use it and when I don't need it, so I just use it every time.)


Chop up the apples and add the sugar mixture.


 Roll out the dough (see my pie dough tutorial or use your favourite)


Fold it to quarter size to assist in getting it from the counter to the pie plate.


Lay it out in your pan.


Add the apple mixture to the pan.


Roll out the top crust, fold into quarter size and cut steam holes.


Lay it on the apples and roll up the edges.  Anything that I cut off the edges, I bake for 10 minutes and eat with jam.


 I can't tell you how long to bake it, but I bake it at 400 degrees until the crust is golden brown and the filling has bubbled for at least 5 minutes.




Hungry yet?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Looks delicious! I think it's funny that you fold it into quarters; I always only do it in half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm wondering, did your Mom fold it in half? Mine folded in quarters, that's why I do it, never even questioned it :)

      Delete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...